Move for sport
Move for Sport is a two-day educational series designed to educate both coaches and clinicians on sport specific movement skills assessment and training. Understanding movement is the key to getting the best out of your athletes.
- Discuss the key factors that influence the effective performance of movement skills in sport
- Review injury risk factors and their relationship with movement skills in sport
- Introduce a new concept in movement assessment and training based on four interrelated movement categories
- Learn how to devise and perform individualized movement screens specific to the athlete and sport they are involved in
- Introduce an example movement screen based on the four movement layers
- Learn how to apply strategies for improving movement skills in specific regions of the body identified in the screen as deficient
- Learn how to select appropriate protective exercises based on the information highlighted in your screening report
- Learn the 4 stages of protective exercise progression
- Learn how to train multi-directional movement technique for sport
- Learn how to design specific injury risk reduction and performance enhancement programs that integrate into sporting environments
Interested in learning from Innovate Performance?
We’ve got everyone covered, from Pro Teams to private performance and rehabilitation coaches to well-established private training facilities and clinics.
Dr. Barr has delivered his Move for Sport workshop to some of the world’s leading physiotherapy and medical staff across the world in the North and South America, Europe, and Asia.
Inquires looking for more information on workshops provided by the Innovate Performance team should input your details below or send an email to: email@example.com.